A space for those consumers and professionals searching new wineries and unconventional wines.
Wine Revelations is a “show within the show” and is held in a hall of its own. It comprises 34 stands of small and up-an-coming wineries and also a “Wine Bar” with 60+ wines from rare Greek varietals and wines produced with minimal or even zero intervention that are poured and explained by a team of sommeliers.
This is the place to visit if you are an importer looking for that “top obscure” Greek wine or for a winery that is not yet exported!
At the Wine Revelations “Wine Bar” selected wines are poured and explained by the show’s sommeliers. Some of them are sourced from wineries that are not Oenorama exhibitors. Wines belong to the following categories:
- Wines produced with at least 80% rare indigenous Greek varietals* (regardless of the rest of their blend, which may even include international grape varieties).
- Wines without sulfites or with minimal oenological interventions (natural wines).
- Wines produced with indigenous (wild) yeasts.
- Wines from biodynamically grown grapes.
- Wines produced by alternative method or means and/or aged there (e.g. in amphorae, in the sea etc.)
*There is no definition of what constitutes a truly rare, unknown or “forgotten” Greek grape varietal. Of the 150 or so indigenous grapes regularly used for winemaking in Greece are excluded from participating at the Wine Bar all varietals participating in Greek PDO wines plus all of the following: Asproudes, Avgoustiatis, Fileri, Kydonitsa, Lagorthi, Limniona, Malagouzia, Malvazia, Mavrotragano, Mavroudi, Muscat (all versions), Savatiano and Vidiano.